Here are some key points about Redbox Instant by Verizon that my campaign stated
My complaints/complements are in color after the key points.
- Okay, so it is only a penny more than what I pay for my Netflix subscription, and they offer me 4 free DVD credits a month. I live in a town of about 15,000 and have 4 Redbox locations, so they are relatively accessible.
- Understandable. Probably need that for Netflix too.
- Didn't need their help, so really don't have an opinion... Hope they answer you relatively fast though.
- I was able to stream on my Android smartphone; HOWEVER, it stunk!!! It kept pausing and rebuffing. I tried it on my WiFi, and using my 4G internet on my phone. Still rebuffed after only a few minutes of viewing. Tablet. I have a Kindle Fire HD. Can't stream it on there. I can with Netflix FYI... Xbox 360, Smart TVs, Blue-Ray player, LG Smart TVs I do have an Xbox 360, but I don't have it hooked up to the internet. My blue ray player is only a couple years old and can't play anything from Redbox.
- I do have a Wii, and a Play Station 3. I was disappointed that I couldn't watch Redbox instant on either of those. We use those regularly to watch Netflix on and so I assumed that Redbox should be able to be on both of those devices as well. Maybe in the future?!?! Who knows, but as of right now they don't.
- So yeah... I call BS on this one. I tried to stream a movie on my Kindle Fire HD. I found a movie I wanted to watch, I clicked on "WATCH NOW" and then was directed to this. So if they state that the Redbox Instant app is not needed to stream content, then why was I directed to this site that states "The Redbox Instant app is needed to play on this device."
- That's nice... On Netflix I can watch "Little Black Book for FREE!!!!! But I have to buy it on Redbox Instant for $9.99. Straight A's is FREE on Netflix, and $4.99 or get it at the Kiosk with Redbox. So, yeah, I had problems even finding several other movies that I can watch on Netflix.
- I already knew where the Redbox locations were in my town, but I used it to see where different Redbox locations were where my mom lives and even where my husband is currently working.
- I have reserved movies at a Redbox location, and didn't have any problems with it. I even reserved some from my computer and didn't have any problems with that either. The whole process goes really smoothly.
There are several movies that I tried to locate and couldn't find for Redbox Instant. My children also like to watch TV shows and TV series; however, both of those can not be located on the Redbox Instant site. This was a complete negative for me, and was one of the major key points in why I will be canceling my Redbox Instant subscription. My children are the ones that really watch the majority of Netflix. Yes, I do have my shows and movies that I watch along with my husband, but there are SO many learning shows that my kids will watch and enjoy on Netflix.
I don't know if I will ever subscribe in the future... Maybe if they include TV shows and series, who knows. But what I do know is that after my free month of Redbox instant, it will be canceled and I will continue on with my Netflix subscription.
Until Next Time,
~Cristina AKA Stay At Home Mom