Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Goodies.co Taster's Box August 2013

Goodies.co is a monthly subscription box that costs only $7. You'll receive 5-8 items in each box and there are two different boxes. Tasters and Kids. (The Kids box is brand new and this is their first month... They did send some out last month to a select number of individuals but I believe it was this exact box.)

They are thinking of having two more boxes come out in the future: a Gluten Free Box, and a Healthy Box. They didn't list when or if they would be coming out with them, just that they are thinking of it... Noticed though that several of the items in the Kid's Box were Gluten free though.

According to their about page "If you're anything like us, you often find yourself thinking, "I'm so tired of eating the same old thing." But branching out can be difficult. Why? Because trying new snacks are expensive, time-consuming and risky. What if it doesn't taste good? It's money down the drain, not to mention a dull and very disappointing meal... that's where Goodies Co. comes in."

Check out the Goodies.co website HERE



MY YOUTUBE VIDEO

 
REVIEW OF THE ITEMS IN TASTER'S BOX
 
Pronto Coffee (Southern Pecan)
$5.99/6 packages
So, my single package is about $1.00
 
As bold and delicious as freshly brewed coffee, this concentrated liquid coffee is ready – pronto. Simply stir into 10-oz of hot or cold water and enjoy the complex flavor of 100% Arabica beans with delicious nutty, buttery notes.

Poplets (Sea Salt & Butter)
$8.94
On sale for $6.24
6 packs of the 2.7oz
So, my single pack is about $1.49 and on sale for about $1.04.
 
You know the crunchy half-popped kernels at the bottom of each popcorn batch? The ones with crisp, concentrated corn flavor and a healthy dose of butter and sea salt? Yeah, here’s a whole bag of those perfect, delicious morsels. You’re welcome.
 
These were good yes... However, I can just get them when I eat some popcorn from the bottom of the bag. I don't see myself just buying a bag of these. Yes, they were soft and not as hard as the ones that are un-popped in the bottom of the bag, that is a plus. But I'm not a huge fan of them in the first place. Maybe they're better off for someone who thinks the un-popped kernels are the best part of popcorn!

Nature Valley (Granola Thins Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter)
$2.98/box of 10
So, my packages is about $0.30
 
Thin, crisp, sugar-kissed whole grain oat squares laced with roasted peanuts and a fine layer of rich dark chocolate. This is everything you could ask for in a snack: sweet, crisp, subtly salty and satisfying. All for just 80 calories!

Betty Crocker (Hershey's Chocolate Chunk)
$2.28/box
 
 Betty Crocker and Hershey’s join forces for a cookie mix that’s nothing short of sublime. For cookie perfection, add softened butter and water and bake. Just-crisp edges meet a soft, chewy center rife with chunks of chocolate chips.

Fiber One 90 Calorie (Chocolate Fudge Brownie)
$2.98/box of 6
So, my single package is about $0.50
 
Don’t think a brownie can be healthy? Try Fiber One’s rich, chewy, chocolate-chip studded fudge brownie and think again. At just 90 calories and with 20% of your daily value of fiber, it’s a smart way to indulge your sweet tooth.

Mott's Meadleys (Assorted Fruit)
$3.98/box of 24
So, my package is about $0.17
 
Made with real fruit and vegetable juice, these tasty fruit snacks are sweet, chewy and flavorful. Apple, pear and carrot juice lend natural sweetness to the fun fruit-shaped chews. They’re loaded with Vitamin C and just 80 calories per pouch.
 
My children and I are already fans of the Mott's fruit snacks. It was great to have it in the box. They LOVED THEM!!! Even my 14 month old enjoys them. He can't get enough!

Tangy Zangy Twisties (Sour Wild Berry)
$???? No price... It's just a list of where you can buy them
  
Prepare your taste buds for a super sour experience! These gummy twists of vibrant red and blue are tart and chewy with wild berry flavor. Just enough of a sugary dusting restores balance to your puckered palate. How sweet (and sour) it is!
 
Well, they were good. I'll say that. I'm a fan of sour things, so after I tried it I figured that I just couldn't tell. My 14 month old son wanted one, so I figured why not. He tries everything else. He didn't even make a face when he ate it. So, I'm going to say that these weren't sour at all. I'm pretty sure a 14 month old would make a face still if it were sour.
 
 
Want to check out my other Goodies.co Taster Box reviews???? Check them out via the links bellow!!
 
June's Box This one isn't actually a box... I was to late to receive June's box, so I just ordered a few items off of their shop!!
 
July's Box This is their Subscription Box for the Month!!!
 
Want to check out my Kid's Box for this month? Check it out Here.
 
 
Excluding the Tangy Zangy Twisties, my Taster's box comes to about $5.74... Okay, so less than the $7 I paid for the box. I realize that most of the items you can buy at Wal-Mart, but Goodies.co is a Wal-Mart brand and not a separate company. I like the idea of all the items, so just because the value of the box is less than what I paid for it... I think I'll continue on with the subscription.
 
So, Until Next Time,
 
~Cristina AKA Stay At Home Mom of 3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment